Pancake Day - 13th February 2018
TURMERIC SPICE PANCAKES
SERVINGS: 5 -7 PANCAKES
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 1 tbsp baking powder*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- pinch of black pepper
- ¼ tsp ginger
- Coconut milk yogurt
- My Berry Forest's Perfect Apple-Pumpkin Butter
- Chopped pecans
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend till combined. Don't over blend.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan. Since it is quite thick, spread/smooth into a circle.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on the first side. When you can easily slide a spatula under, flip. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Top with yogurt, pumpkin-apple butter, and chopped nuts. Enjoy!
- Janine Kell