These cookies are made using flavours including turmeric, ginger and vanilla. These cookies are crunchy on the outside but gooey on the inside with melting white chocolate chunks!
150g light brown sugar
50g dark brown sugar
225g plain flour
150g white chocolate
1 large egg
1tsp vanilla paste
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp ground ginger
¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, grease two baking sheets. Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until the consistency is fluffy and pale.
- Add in the egg and vanilla paste and beat until it is combined. Then add the ground ginger, ground turmeric, bicarbonate of soda and flour with a wooden spoons until the mixture forms a dough.
- Break the white chocolate into squares and fold into the mixture.
- Roll the dough into golf-ball sized balls and place on to the greased baking sheets, ensure you leave room for them to spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cookies are beginning to turn golden on the edges. The middles may still be soft but will firm as they cool.
- Remove the trays from the oven and leave the cookie to cool for 10 minutes, then eat warm or leave to cool completely on a wire rack.