|10||cloves of garlic, peeled|
|50g||ginger, peeled and sliced|
|4||small onions (approx. 400g), roughly chopped|
|2||large peppers (approx. 400g), roughly chopped|
|4||large red chillies, roughly chopped|
|4 tsp||curry powder|
|800g||lamb leg, diced|
|15g||fresh coriander, chopped|
|For the naan:|
|200g||self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting|
|2 tbsp||garlic granules|
|25g||unsalted butter, softened|
|50g||unsalted butter, melted|
HOW TO COOK:
. First make the curry paste. Put the olive oil, salt, garlic, ginger, onions, peppers, chillies, cinnamon, turmeric, curry powder and 100ml of water into a food processor. Blitz the whole lot to a smooth paste and put to one side.
2. Next make the dough for the naan. Put the flour, garlic granules, sugar, salt and softened butter into a bowl. Mix everyhing together well and rub in the butter.
3. Make a well in the centre and add the water. Mix with a palette knife, then get your hands in and bring the dough together.
4. On a floured work surface, knead the dough for 10 minutes by hand, or 5 minutes if using a mixer.
5. Wrap the dough in cling film and leave on the worktop to rest for 20 minutes.
6. While the dough is resting, start cooking the curry. Place a pan on a medium heat and add half the curry paste. (Put the other half of the paste into a jar and store in the freezer, ready for the next time you need a curry hit.)
7. Cook the curry paste for 10 minutes. Add the lamb and cook for another 10 minutes.
8. Add 200ml of water and leave the bhuna to simmer gently for 30 minutes with the lid on.
9. While the bhuna is simmering, divide the naan dough into four equal pieces and roll each one out to the thickness of a pound coin.
10. Put a griddle pan on a high heat. Put one of your naans on the griddle and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Cover with foil and keep warm while you griddle the rest of the naans.
11. Once the bhuna is cooked, take it off the heat and add the chopped coriander. Brush the warm naans with melted butter on both sides and serve with the bhuna.https://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/lamb-bhuna-with-garlic-naan