The Golden Paste Company Limited is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The ways we aim to achieve this are set out below and are under constant review.
- We aim to minimise our waste, evaluating our operations to ensure they are as efficient as possible.
- Delivery, we use DPD and Royal Mail who both have their own policies which can be read by selecting them. By choosing DPD delivery you can be assured of the smallest environmental footprint from your order.
- Recycling - we take care to recycle and reduce our waste internally, and have applied this thought process to our products and our packaging.
- Where we use bubble wrap, this wrap comes to us deflated, reducing the size of our deliveries and is inflated on site prior to packing. The wrap itself is fully recyclable and consists of over 90% air.
TURMERAID™ is sold in plastic food grade tubs. These tubs are not made from recycled plastic, but are recyclable, and re-usable. The refill pouches currently are not recyclable as they are a foil/laminate blend. We are currently reviewing our sacks and pouches to improve our environmental impact whilst retaining the integrity of the product.
- Golden Paste: our pouches are recyclable, but the nozzle will need removing prior to placing these for recycling. We are moving to PET jars in the near future, and these are recyclable.
- Sausages and Mince: We have chosen our completely transparent pouches as these are recyclable.
- Capsules: Our black capsule pots are not recyclable, whilst our clear ones are. These are under review prior to our next production run.