Valentine’s Day Dog Treats Recipe
We all love to treat our pets but it is important to keep an eye on their weight to make sure treats don’t cause obesity or other health issues.
At the Golden Paste Company we love ingredients that have benefits to health so have put the recipe below together so you can delight your dog this Valentine’s Day with tasty biscuits that are packed with goodness and our very own Golden Turmeric Paste!
You can find out more about the benefits of Golden Turmeric Paste here. Happy baking! Don’t forget to tag us in your photos of your dogs enjoying their Valentine’s treats.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree or cooked and blended sweet potato
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole oats
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons of Golden Turmeric Paste
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Line an oven tray with grease proof paper and set aside with your heart shape cutter.
- In a bowl or an electric mixer combine your pumpkin puree (or sweet potato) and eggs until well combined.
- Slowly add the whole oats and 2 1/2 cups of flour until combined.
- Add an additional 1/4 cup flour gradually until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Next add the carrot and Golden Turmeric Paste, beating until combined.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for a minute or two until it comes together.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Then using your heart shaped cutter make each individual biscuit and put onto the over tray with grease proof paper.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake until the edges are golden brown (approximately 20-25 minutes).
- Allow to cool completely before treating your dog to a delicious and healthy golden treat!